Last Night I got to share my heart for Africa with a group "Pathways" at Central Christian. It was such a blessing to be there. I have had a chance to meet some great friends who love Jesus and are really seeking to serve Him with their lives. One fact I shared with them about Africa was a staggering statistic about orphans. BY the year 2010 the orphan population in Nigeria alone could be between 16-18 million. How many is 18 million? Think of it this way- the orphans could populate 60 cities the size of Wichita! Here's some other points God laid on my heart to share. As Christians we are called to join in the fight for spiritual freedom. What an awesome commission we have by God- to serve Him- whatever the cost!
David Livingston said this, " If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?" It truly is an honor to serve our great God- who gave His son to redeem us from sin!
Ray Boltz wrote this great song "An Honor to Serve." I want to share the chorus with you.
"It's an honor to serve, to join in the fight- to lift up my voice and to lay down my life.
Giving glory to God, seeking none in return- it's an honor, an honor to serve."
I ended with a song by Steve Green - The Mission- speaking about our love for the Lord our God being the heartbeat of our mission.
II Corinthians 5:14 says, " For the love of Christ compels us..." I'm praying that is what is compelling you today =0)
1 comment:
it was great to hear you share on your trip! i'm so excited for you! a blog! what a fun way to keep track of you! :) love you girl! --lindsay
Post a Comment