Ps 34:5 They looked to Him and were radiant...

Sunday, October 18, 2009

My ROUS encounter!

My heart is just returning to its normal pace.... ( ok so this was last week but I just had to share it with you)

ok so my friend Holly and i were talking and all of a sudden she shouts, i just saw a really big rat on the other side of your guitar

Picturing a 5 pound rodent ( like the ROUS’s on Princess Bride)

anyway- being so brave ( not) I frantically closed my bedroom door and put blankets to seal off the doorways. SInce there was no traps- and I didn't want to kill the thing in my house- well,,,, I jumped back on the chair I was standing on and screamed. I know thats not too heroic but its all I could do. My friend and I were laughing and screaming. Suddenly I had an urge to face this problem with courage. I got down off my chair.... marched over to my garbage can and set off to capture my prey. Success! But now what. How could I get it out of my house. I called my friend Matt on the phone to see if he would come assist- his nickname on the compound is Mr. Health and safety- he wouldn't answer his phone. So once again the responsibility was on my shoulders

I grabbed a dust pan to slide the garbage can on.... It would have worked perfectly if I hadn't taken so long to flip it and put on the lid

My friend shouts, ' It's coming out!! I jump back and run to our posts on top of the chairs. At this point I was ticked it was taking so long to take care of this guy- and was at a loss for a new tactic. By now my ROUS was taking another lap around my apartment. It did arrive back to where I had it caught in the first place. As It climbed on my baricade I had set up- ( my fluffy towel) I swiftly landed my garbage can right over the top- Success!!! for the second time. We wasted no time flipping the can over and placing the lid on top. Now a new predicament- what do we do with a captured mouse? We decided to deliver it to Mr. HEalth and Safety. That didn't prove helpful- he didn't come to his door. Aha! My friend and I decided to take it to the guard to take care of. So with garbage can and fluffy white towel in hand we showed up at the guard shack- surprising him with our appearance. We told him our tragic story and asked him to kill the ROUS for us. He told us just to let it go. Lame. But at least it was closer to where he sleeps and far away from us so we were ok with it. We took our prey outside the gate- and He took the lid off and freed our friend

The ROUS running for its life ran back under the gate and hid in the corner right nestled up to the gaurds shack

we told him thank you and ran back to our apartment

Actually the ROUS is only about 4 inches long-but the way my heart was pounding it might as well have been bigger!!!

We wouldn't have worked so hard to catch the thing if we would have known we would end up just letting it go outside. He better never show up again!!!

No comments: