
Bebo Norman wrote a great song- with these words for the chorus, " I will lift my eyes to the Maker of the mountains I can't climb..." Ever since I said yes to God's call to go to Nigeria I have seen support raising as a huge mountain to climb. How impossible in my eyes to raise 2 years worth of income in less than a year. But God loves to teach His children what stepping out in faith is all about- one lesson at a time. I want to just give a loud PRAISE THE LORD! for his great provisions so far. I have received 66% of my support and just have to pray for monthly supporters to give the remaining $800 a month. I had a little fun with math and figured that this amount isn't so big if God leads 16.12 people to give $50 monthly. I told a friend about this figure and she gladly volunteered to be the .12 =0) God is so good and has also raised up a great prayer support team for me. Wow if I would have all the money and no prayer- I wouldn't dare go into missions. Missions is all about seeking God's heart for His plans, His wisdom, and His protection. I am nothing on my own. So I also want to shout out a big THANK YOU to all who have blessed me with their giving in various ways,loving on me- encouraging me- praying with me- and cheerfully given of their money to God for His work in Nigeria. I thank God I don't walk this road alone. He's with me each step of the way, and He's given you as a great blessing as I take one step at a time. SO for His Glory and in His timing~~~ I continue to lift my eyes to Him!
3 comments:
Why have I not seen your blog before? Congrats on your support! I know that you can make your goal. It will be awesome for you to finally set foot on the Nigerian soil. :)
Praise God! Its coming :)
How exciting to read your blog and see what God is doing!
Thanks so much for inspiring me.
Post a Comment