Ps 34:5 They looked to Him and were radiant...

Friday, May 29, 2009

Anxiety or Trust?


A Psalm I wrote down today to start memorizing- Ps 91. Check out these 2 verses 91:1, 11-12

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.”

Guess What!!!!!! SIM called me today to tell me my visa came in the mail today!!!! I also found out my ticket for June 24th would be confirmed on Monday June 1st.

Joy was their for a second- until Anxiety kicked her out. How in the world do I know how to pack everything up for 2 years. I looked at the list of all the things to remember to pack and do before I leave. Anxiety brought in more friends with her- you may have met them, Inadequacy, Despair, Not E. Nufftime, and Whut M. I-doing. So there I was in my dining room, on my computer, with all this company telling me that being ready to leave June 24th was not possible.

I took a break from my computer. I went for a walk. Then opened my Bible. God directed me to one of my favorite Psalms- Psalm 91. As I was writing it down to memorize, my thoughts settled on verse 11-12. God would give His angels to hold me up so I wouldn’t stumble.

Anxiety left. Soon Despair left too. Then Whut M. I-doing said see ya later. ….Not E. Nufftime is still thinking she wants to stay- but I think I will soon have to ask her to leave. Cause I am choosing to claim Ps 91:2, I will say of the LORD, “ He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in Him I will trust.!! I gotta start living like I believe He’s my refuge, He’s trustworthy. He will provide what it takes to make everything happen in the time He’s given me.

“Father, you know me better than anyone else. You chose me for this ministry. You know what kind a mess I am when I let Anxiety and her friends stay in my home- and try to invite Trust in at the same time. I’m choosing Trust. Trust in my God- and I really like having my home

- safe under the shadow of the Almighty.”


2 comments:

Gail said...

For one I think it is AWESOME that you have a label named Anxiety or Trust.

I have found that it is a choice, not that I always make the right choice but it is a choice none the less.

God has grown you so much, and He will be going with you and that you can count on. Plus I have no doubt that the Nigerian people will adore you.

Praying for you.

Karis B said...

thanks for your encouragement Gail- learning with you from the Greatest Teacher - I praise Him we never walk alone!