I got to do a little language learning this morning. I went to my
friends house that spent several years in Nigeria and are my
neighbors. ( Crazy how God works things out) Anyway, I went to their
house this morning- to have a Hausa lesson. English is the national
language in Nigeria, but Hausa is the heart language of many in the
Jos area and this couple - Lois and Del- volunteered to teach me some
greetings. And guess what- Hausa is so much like Spanish =) ( If I
knew spanish that would be more exciting) but they have the same vowel
sounds, have the masculine and feminine words- and I think the grammar
structure is a lot the same too. =0) So "Yauwa Sannu!" is my new
Hello!. I love that word- Yauwa! It's like the word of enthusiasm.
God has so timed it that very soon,less than 3 weeks - June 24,I will be saying Yauwa Sannu to a new land, a new culture, meeting new People- but learning from and sharing about Jesus Christ- who's the same yesterday, today, and forever! He makes all things new!!! I can't wait to see what God has planned for my 2 years in Nigeria!
1 comment:
haha thanks! I have been trying to delete the post and it won't let me :p
yay for only 3 more weeks!
Post a Comment