I just want to tell you about a great day in the life of this missionary - enjoying the last week in Kansas before moving to Nigeria for 2 years. After enjoying a delicious meal with another friend at one of my favorite restaurants in town, my mom and I went to Wal-mart. I wanted to soak in every isle of this store- so I can remember it in my new country. Well- that wasn't really the idea but I think if you gave me an isle by aisle quiz of that place I could score pretty good. One thing about America is all the choices. This can be tiring after 4 hours and answering questions like do I take 2 or 3, name brand or "can we trust what this is made of" off brand, how much deoderant does one woman use in 2 years, what isle do I find matches, what color do I like best- and do I take the secret ingredient for my favorite chocolate chip recipe or find an african substitute. =0)We also met several familiar faces in the isles of Wal-Mart. After receiving a record long receipt from the cashier we joyfully took our cartload praying it will all fit in my boxes. Thanks mom for the fun afternoon =0)
Our dear friend we spent lunch with quoted a favorite Psalm.
1 Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
Psalm 103:1-2
He's loaded me with a cart load of blessings- and so much more!!!! Praise the Lord!!
1 comment:
Karis! I'm praying for you as you make final preparations before leaving for Africa. It was so good to see you again, and I look forward to hearing how God will work in and through you over the next two years. :) Keep in touch!
Post a Comment