Ps 34:5 They looked to Him and were radiant...

Friday, July 31, 2009

When you don't have Kentucky Fried Chicken......



It all started with a game of Farkle ( for those who play it on facebook- you all are missing out on the real deal.)
This is high stakes farkle- previous losers have spent the night duct taped to a tree- eaten a fish head.... you get the idea.
Well this friday night the stakes were set- the loser would buy a chicken in the market and slaughter it- the second to the last would help pluck and de-gut the chicken- and we would all have a bar-be-que. Matt got to do the killing and I got to help with the cleaning it up.

SO Matt did a little research on the internet- to find the least bloody way of killing a chicken- so this is him trying to dislocate the chickens neck.


the audience cringing...



This brought back bad memories of butchering chickens one time as a kid- But I faced the challenge with a smile. =0)

Yes- we ate the chicken feet- and the head too I might add.

Nice you can pick your teeth with your food =0)

The chicken tasted so good with Kari's mango marinade.
Crazy day. Great Memories =0)

So there is no Kentucky fried chicken here- and it definitely was not fast food- but oh was it the freshest ( is that a word?) meat I have ever had.

No comments: