Ps 34:5 They looked to Him and were radiant...

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Answered Prayer


John 14:13

“And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”

OK so I have heard this verse many times- but I actually experienced it in a very real way- back in Nov- the week before Thanksgiving. I know old news but didn’t want to miss telling you all.

So my friend Holly and I – both living on the same compound got together to pray together one night. With the new ministry God had led us too, we really felt like poor prayer warriors- but in desperate need of His power. God did something really special during the few months she was here. Many times He brought us to our knees- asking him for wisdom and direction. One night during an intense prayer session- I remember being on my knees-and from the bottom of my heart asked God, “Father would you allow me to lead one soul to you this week?” I usually don’t pray this but at this time in my ministry here, that was my hearts cry.

A few days later, the girls ministry coordinater, Nicky, asked me if I would come with her to interview a new girl that came to our care center. When we got there we met a sweet 9 year old girl named Margerite. Nicky and I listened to her story and wrote it down. Like many of our girls she suffered from involvement in the secret cult. Nicky asked this girl if she had ever asked Jesus into her life. The girl quickly responded,No. For some reason at this time Nicky had to leave, and the other Uncles that usually pray with the new kids were no where to be found. So it was just me and the Dad and the little girl in the room. I will never forget what the dad told me. He said that he had been trying to make an appointment for Margerite to see a Pastor so she could get saved but it had just never worked out. I couldn’t believe it. The Dad told me his testimony- but he didn’t think he could share the gospel to his daughter. I asked Margerite if she knew what Jesus did for her- and shared the whole gospel with her. She listened so intently. When I was finished- I asked her if she understood. She nodded. In my mind I am thinking now what? Where is Nicky? Where is everybody else? So I looked at her and asked would you like to pray right now and ask Jesus into your life. She quickly responded, “ Yes!” Wow. I couldn’t believe it. So we got on our knees. She didn’t know what to say so I prayed and she repeated after me. What a beautiful sound to hear her sweet voice call out to Jesus.

Later that day- I remembered my prayer just a few days earlier. Wow!!!! God answered my prayer quick. I could hardly believe it!!! I have to tell you this girl is something special. Walking out she was like- Aunty whats your name? Another one of my favorite comments of hers was, Aunty- your eyes are Blue!!! She couldn’t believe it! She had never seen blue eyes before!

I was so excited about her getting saved- but wanted to check with the Aunties that take care of her to hear what Margerite said about it all. They told me that she shared that she got saved at Gidan Bege wth me.

But what really warmed my heart was later in the week- hearing her singing, ”Oh Wonderful wonderful day- when He washed my sins away.” What a Joy to think God allowed me to be with her that day!!

This girl has learned Bible verses, songs, and has told me that she doesn’t have bad dreams anymore. She was the cutest Angel Gabriel for our village Christmas play- reciting her line perfectly! One of my friends taught her how to say girlfriend so she could surprise me with one of my signature words. I loved it when she greeted with me with a “Hey Girlfriend!” with a cute Nigerian accent.

Margerite is a beautiful reminder to me that God answers prayer!!

John 14:13

“And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”

All the glory goes to Jesus!!!

No comments: