Ps 34:5 They looked to Him and were radiant...

Friday, October 15, 2010

Peace

These sad eyes have really captured my heart- the eyes of a beautiful baby- named Peace- this baby's home- a brothel in Jos. The song I just had playing on my computer was this one by Brandon Heath-some of the words " Give me your heart for the ones forgotten. Give me your eyes so I can see." Before I came here I asked God to break my heart with the things that break His heart. You know- I have realized that my heart just cant take it. But I am grateful God's can. He sees the hopeless, the brokenhearted, the ones forgotten- Everyday. And He says that He has come to bring peace. He's the Prince of Peace- and I know He knows the story of this little baby crawlin around on the dirty floor of this brothel i visited yesterday. And yo
u know what God has to say about this baby's story? "Its not over yet!"
Honored to be a part of the stories God has written for the women and children I have seen while doing this ministry- I believe God is gonna make a way for them to have a new life. Please Pray for my friend and team mate Missy and her heart to open a half way house for these women and kids. Please look up her blog to see more info and be honored- like I have- to know a woman with such a heart for God - and those He loves and longs to rescue. Check out www.servinginnigeria.com
I still dont know if God will bring me back to Nigeria after my 2 years is up- but grateful the Camiolas are here long term- glad to enjoy this part of the adventure with them.

No comments: